Category : Health
Technique : The INNER SMILE
When used : Used to release tension and promote ease and well-being
Healthy people are usually happy people.
When you are ‘light-hearted’ your body manufactures different chemicals inside you to those it manufactures when you are unhappy.
1. Dr Lee S Berk : Blood tests carried out before and after mirth induction (i.e. funny movieS) – results saw increase in the number of natural killer cells (NK Cells), which are
important for the immune system. GUARDIAN – 25 March 2003
2. Research has shown that when we smile we release serotonin otherwise know as ‘happy chemicals’, in the brain.
3. Laughter was used to ease the pain and ultimately heal a patient from ankylosing spondylitis – a degenerative disease that was considered irreversible in 499 out of 500
cases. N Cousins : Anatomy of an Illness
4. “Taoists Sages say that when you smile , your organs release a honey-like secretion which nourishes the whole body. When you are angry, fearful or under stress , they produce a poisonous secretion which blocks up the energy channels”
1. Sit comfortably – ultimately you can practice this anywhere
2. Allow a smile to dance into your eyes, If you like, raise the corners of your mouth ever so slightly, like someone who knows a really cool secret but doesn’t need to tell.
3. Smile into any part of you body that feels tight, or uncomfortable until it begins to ease or relax.
4. Smile into any part of your body that feels especially good. You can increase the smile by expressing gratitude to that part of your body for helping keep you healthy and strong.
5. Allow the inner smile to reach every corner of your body. Here are some speciﬁc suggestions :
- Smile into the organs of your body – your heart, liver, pancreas, kidneys, sex and adrenal glands.If you don’t know where these organs are, it’s OK to pretend – your body will redirect the energy for you.
- Smile down through your oesophagus and into your stomach. Smile all the way through your large and small intestines and out of your body again.
- Smile up into your brain, then down throug the base of your skull and all the way down to the bottom of your spine,
You can smile into your life as well as your body. Try smiling and expressing gratitude into a relationship, an environment or project you are currently working on, and notice how the
energy around that situation begins to shift!
References from Paul Mckenna : Change Your Life in Seven Days: The World’s Leading Hypnotist Shows You How